Blue Christmas

It's the most wonderful time of the year!
Christmas is just around the corner and we've already set up our simple Christmas decorations.
Here's what we came up this year :)

For our front door, we have got this paper rose wreath (see tutorial here).  We just added a pine needle garland (99 pesos) around it and a cream colored ribbon with a small blue Christmas ball at the center to make it look more Christmas-y.
Blue Christmas 2013
For our living room center table, I bought a simple light blue place mat (29.75 pesos) and some blue Christmas balls (60 pesos for a pack of 12).  I already got this small fishbowl which I bought years ago for 120 pesos.
Blue Christmas 2013
 For the dining room, we've got this very old kitchen cabinet from my lola that I decorated with folded old books (tutorial here), some pine needle garland, glittered candle, and Christmas lights.Blue Christmas 2013Here is what I have got on the other side, some more folded books, and another glittered candle.
Blue Christmas 2013
At the center, I placed a shallow ball and filled it with blue and green Christmas balls (pesos 60 for a pack of 12), my coffee Christmas tree (What to make one?  Click here) and a jute string Christmas tree I also made.
I basically treated our kitchen cabinet like a fireplace mantle :)
Blue Christmas 2013
At our dining table, I placed a wooden tray and filled it with a jar of biscuits, a jar of cookies, a tin can of cocoa, some more pine needles, Christmas balls, a rose, and a bowl of apple-flavored candies :)
Blue Christmas 2013
We've also already wrapped some gifts and placed it under the Christmas tree
Most of them are handmade :)
Blue Christmas 2013
I wanted something cool and neutral for our tree this year, so we've got some cream-colored poinsettias which I bought for 19 pesos each.
Blue Christmas 2013
Another ornament I picked, Christmas bells with Christmas village silhouette.  I love this one and it was definitely a steal at 40 pesos each for a pack of 12.
Blue Christmas 2013
I also got some blue poinsettias (also 19 pesos each) and some silver ribbons (60 pesos a roll).
Blue Christmas 2013
We've got no star at the top of our tree.  I cannot find a silver star so I just placed a ribbon at the top, and remember those reindeers from my previous reindeer chihuahua tutorial?  Here they are making a comeback :) Spray painted them silver and placed them facing each other at the top of our tree.
Blue Christmas 2013
For the lighting, I made this jute string ball chandelier almost five years ago, still looking great and I love, love the shadow it casts on the wall.
Blue Christmas 2013
And of course, here's the most recent chandelier I made (tutorial here).
Blue Christmas 2013
Here's a full view of our Christmas tree.
We bought this six-feet tree (1000 pesos) three years ago and it's still in a pretty good shape.
Blue Christmas 2013
May peace and happiness be your gift this Christmas and your blessing all year through!
Happy Holidays from my family to yours!
Facebook Pinteret StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Digg Email
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

12 comments:

  1. I love your holiday decorations! Your gifts are hand-made too! You seemed to have prepared for the season, we don't have as much decorations as you do. Ahaha. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    Stay in touch! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will definitely stay in touch rea. love your blog! ;) happy holidays!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for visiting! Your decorations are so adorable!!! such holiday vibe
    - pisceanrat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're very much welcome denise :) thanks for visiting my blog too :)

      Delete
  3. oh love the rose wreath and your decors are very creative. happy holidays!

    thecertifiedlatebloomer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    http://homebaseddiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! :) I love your handicrafts especially the old books and the jute lights. I superb love how you wrapped the presents and the rose wreath super simple but looks expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job , dear! You are very creative!

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment below and let me know what you think. please put your blog link so i can visit your blog :) thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...